Wild Mage Games
Based in France
PC (Windows / Linux)
Almost Epic Adventures™: The Goblin's Week is a first person adventure-investigation-stealth game, taking place in a satirical dark fantasy world full of humor. You play a goblin who has just been hired for a week as the new dungeon janitor. Each day, you have various missions to do for the Evil Dungeon Master, including the dungeon maintenance (cleaning blood, repairing traps, looting dead adventurers), cooking, sweeping the floor, etc. However, you soon discover disturbing clues about what is happening in the dungeon, and may be tempted to disobey and to investigate in the forbidden rooms of the dungeon... But be careful, you have to look as submissive and obedient as possible, or you may not survive until the end of the week...
Almost Epic Adventure™: The Goblin's Week is the first game of the independent game developer Arnaud Emilien, currently in development since January 2015 and planned to be released in late 2018.
The game idea originates from short fantasy adventures and novels I wrote for Pathfinder RPG, and that I developed via several months of world-building.
Fan of classic adventure games like Monkey Island, but frustrated by their poor gameplay, my goal is to combine the fun and humor of classic adventure games with a more reactive gameplay, inspired by immersive sims like Deus Ex, Thief: The Dark Project, and Morrowind. I am also deeply inspired by investigation-oriented D&D adventures, and Traps&Treachery-like dungeon exploration.
The game is the first game of the series Almost Epic Adventures™, a series focused on first person adventure games with a lot of humor and a great liberty of action.
The game was Greenlit in January 2017.
- Play a dungeon janitor working for an evil mage, and discover the joys of dungeon maintenance. Clean blood, repair traps, loot dead adventurers, and much more.
- Live an epic* adventure like you never lived before, and discover an original satirical dark fantasy world filled with humor. (*Almost)
- Explore a dangerous dungeon full of deadly traps, secret rooms, and mysteries.
- Be a sneaky goblin. Infiltrate forbidden places, read confidential journals, and discover terrible secrets, while pretending to be a nice and obedient minion.
- Hide in the shadows, avoid making noise, listen to your surrounding, pay attention to the environment, open doors carefully... try not to get caught.
- Inspired by immersive sims, we do not create puzzles, but problems. The physically-based interactions and traps, and the complex and open level design, offers multiple paths and solutions.
Almost Epic Adventures: The Goblin's Week - Greenlight Trailer - January 2017 YouTube
Life of a dungeon janitor YouTube
Life of a (disobedient) dungeon janitor YouTube
Physically-based interactions and traps demo YouTube
Crossbow tests YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Almost Epic Adventures: The Goblin’s Week has a fantastic premise, so we’re not surprised to see it was rapidly Greenlit on Steam."
- Henry Stenhouse, AllGamers
- "It not only looks interesting, but the setting is pretty unique too."
- liamdawe, GamingOnLinux
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Wild Mage Games
Wild Mage Games™ is an one man independent video game studio founded in 2015 by Arnaud Emilien in France. The studio focus on creating first person adventure games for PC, with a lot of humor and a great liberty of action.
More information on Wild Mage Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Almost Epic Adventures™: The Goblin's Week Credits
Game designer, Programmer, Writer, Artist