Wild Mage Games™
Based in Grenoble, France
Venture deep into the Neverlooted Dungeon and face its treacherous, deadly traps. Armed with your creativity, trusty weapon and magical items, find your own ways to outsmart the dangers in a highly immersive world. Be careful, become paranoid, be the first to loot the Neverlooted Dungeon!
"Have you ever heard of the Neverlooted Dungeon and its Legendary Treasure? It's a perilous place filled with deadly traps that no one has ever returned from alive, but I'm sure someone as smart and skillful as you could easily succeed. Try your luck now, loot and glory await you!"
As you enter, you feel like something isn't quite right, and there may be a good reason why no one has ever returned. Will you be the first to loot the Neverlooted Dungeon?
- Defeat Hidden Treacherous Traps. Live out an intense adventure with a unique focus on defeating treacherous, deadly traps. Be careful, pay attention to the details, sharpen your senses, watch your steps, don't touch anything, become paranoid.
- Find your Way Through An Immersive World. Find your own ways to overcome the dangers and challenges in a deeply immersive and interactive world where your creativity is rewarded. Pile crates on stakes, block saws with chairs, throw buckets at levers - it’s up to you.
- Careful Nonlinear Exploration. Explore a great variety of non-linear levels overflowing with forgotten secrets, hidden relics, piles of treasure, countless traps, and lurking monsters.
- A Dungeon Unlike Any Other. Discover a dungeon full of flashing arrows and vending machines, in a unique satirical dark fantasy world where something really wrong is going on.
- Customize your Abilities. Acquire powerful magical items to customize your abilities, whether you're a careful explorer, an outstanding acrobat, or a reckless fighter.
- Survive Lurking Monsters. Avoid monsters, fight them, lure them into traps, kick them into pits, or serve them as food.
- Dying is a New Beginning. If you die, try your luck again. Loot your previous corpse and use it to your advantage to progress even further.
The idea of Neverlooted Dungeon originates from a short novel based on an adventurer trying to escape a mysterious dungeon full of traps that Arnaud wrote in 2015.
In December 2018, after four years of developing The Goblin's Week, Arnaud decided to pause the game due to a lack of resources. Instead of performing huge cuts that would destroy the game experience, Arnaud decided to focus on the trapped dungeon exploration gameplay, as an intermediate step to complete the game without compromising his ambitious objectives.
Thanks to a more mature game development experience and to a better understanding of his gameplay objectives, the traps-based prototype quickly revealing a huge potential for creating a unique and exciting game. The development of The Goblin's Week was then paused, and Arnaud started working on Neverlooted Dungeon.
The game was revealed on Steam in January 2020.
The first public demo of the game was released during the Steam Game Festival in October 2020.
The second public demo of the game was released during the Steam Neo Fest in October 2021.
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Wild Mage Games™
Wild Mage Games™ is an indie one man studio, crafting fantasy adventure games with love and against all odds since 2015. The studio was founded by “PhD gone Indie” Arnaud EMILIEN, to develop first-person adventure games for PC.
The objective of Wild Mage Games™ is to create games with a rich and immersive gameplay offering a great freedom of action, inspired by PC golden age games like Deus Ex, Thief: The Dark Project, Ultima Underworld, Arx Fatalis, and by Dungeons and Dragons pen and paper RPG. The adventures created by the studio take place in a dungeon punk satirical dark fantasy world, with humorous stories and characters inspired by classic adventure games like Monkey Island.
More information on Wild Mage Games™, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Neverlooted Dungeon Credits
Game designer, Level designer, Programmer, Writer, 3D Artist, and everything else.