Wild Mage Games™
Based in Grenoble, France
Steam (Windows / Linux)
GOG (Windows / Linux)
Neverlooted Dungeon is an innovative first-person dungeon crawler immersive sim, inspired by classics like Ultima Underworld, Arx Fatalis, and Dungeons and Dragons. Its unique gameplay focuses on treacherous deadly traps, physics-based challenges, rewarding exploration, and tremendous freedom of action.
Venture deep into the Neverlooted Dungeon filled with deadly traps, mysteries and secrets, find your own creative ways to overcome its dangers and be the first to loot!
"Have you ever heard of the Neverlooted Dungeon and its Legendary Treasure? It's a perilous place filled with deadly traps that no one has ever returned from alive, but I'm sure someone as smart and skillful as you could easily succeed. Try your luck now, loot and glory await you!"
As you enter, you feel like something isn't quite right, and there may be a good reason why no one has ever returned. Will you be the first to loot the Neverlooted Dungeon?
- Find your Way Through An Immersive World. Find your own ways to overcome dangers and challenges in a deeply immersive world with tremendous freedom of action, where your creativity is rewarded. Stack tables on spikes, block saws with chopped arms, throw pumpkins at levers, or burn the dungeon to the ground - it’s up to you.
- Rewarding Exploration of Non-Linear Levels. Explore a great variety of non-linear levels overflowing with forgotten secrets in every corner, hidden relics behind banners, piles of treasure under beds, countless traps, and lurking monsters.
- Defeat Hidden Treacherous Traps. Live out an intense adventure with a unique focus on defeating treacherous, deadly traps. Be careful, pay attention to the details, sharpen your senses, watch your steps, don't touch anything, become paranoid.
- Dying is a New Beginning. If you die, try your luck again. Loot your previous corpse and use it to your advantage to progress even further.
- A Dungeon Unlike Any Other. Discover a dungeon full of flashing arrows and vending machines, in a unique satirical dark fantasy world where something really wrong is going on.
- Customize your Abilities. Acquire powerful magical items to customize your abilities, whether you're a careful explorer, an outstanding acrobat, or a reckless fighter.
- Survive Lurking Monsters. Avoid monsters, fight them, lure them into traps, kick them into pits, or serve them as food.
The idea of Neverlooted Dungeon originates from a short novel based on an adventurer trying to escape a mysterious dungeon full of traps that Arnaud wrote in 2015.
In December 2018, after four years of developing The Goblin's Week, Arnaud decided to pause the game due to a lack of resources. Instead of performing huge cuts that would destroy the game experience, Arnaud decided to focus on the trapped dungeon exploration gameplay, as an intermediate step to complete the game without compromising his ambitious objectives.
Thanks to a more mature game development experience and to a better understanding of his gameplay objectives, the traps-based prototype quickly revealing a huge potential for creating a unique and exciting game. The development of The Goblin's Week was then paused, and Arnaud started working on Neverlooted Dungeon.
The game was revealed on Steam in January 2020.
The first public demo of the game was released during the Steam Game Festival in October 2020.
The second public demo of the game was released during the Steam Neo Fest in October 2021.
The game was featured in Games Made In France 2021.
In September 2022 the art style was completely reworked in a more "gloomy" style to increase astmosphere and immersion.
The game was featured in Realms Deep 2022.
The game was featured in Jeux Made In France 2022 area of Paris Games Week 2022.
5 minutes of uncut gameplay YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Neverlooted Dungeon. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Featured in Games Made In France 2021."
- "Featured in Realms Deep 2022."
- "Featured in Jeux Made In France 2022."
- "Fantastic Fantasy Dungeon Exploration RPG."
- Splatter Cat Gaming, Splatter Cat Gaming
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Wild Mage Games™
Wild Mage Games™ is an indie one man studio, crafting fantasy adventure games with love and against all odds since 2015. The studio was founded by “PhD gone Indie” Arnaud EMILIEN, to develop first-person adventure games for PC.
The objective of Wild Mage Games™ is to create games with a rich and immersive gameplay offering a great freedom of action, inspired by PC golden age games like Deus Ex, Thief: The Dark Project, Ultima Underworld, Arx Fatalis, and by Dungeons and Dragons pen and paper RPG. The adventures created by the studio take place in a dungeon punk satirical dark fantasy world, with humorous stories and characters inspired by classic adventure games like Monkey Island.
More information on Wild Mage Games™, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Neverlooted Dungeon Credits
Game designer, Level designer, Programmer, Writer, 3D Artist, and everything else.
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks