It’s been a while since the last newsletter, this is the time to catch up!
In January, after a few weeks breaking my head on level design, I decided to stop working on the entire dungeon and to focus on just one playable level, to make things easier and improve the gameplay. I did several small demos, containing more and more content and gameplay, to get a complete level close to what I would like to have in the final game. As usual, it took much longer than expected, but the result begins to be interesting.
I also began playtesting the game. Players feedbacks were rather positive and encouraging. A big thanks to them :). The tests also helped me to point some problems on which I am still working today, and qualities that I am trying to improve. For those to whom I promised to participate in the next sessions, be patient, I would like to improve the demo, it should not take too long. There are performance issues that I would like to solve because they harm the experience.
I also took the time to clean my code and revise its architecture. It was necessary for several reasons, the most important being creating a savegame system. Saving player’s progress is now possible and this will make the playtest less painful.
That’s all for this time, I will try to give news more often,
See you soon,